Melissa Rycroft Long Hair
As the sun gets HOT, your hair gets messier, your ends split in two, it gets drier or even more tangled in the wind, than usual. Thus, we thought of giving you a quick round of tips you may aptly use to take care of your crowning glory! Here they are:
1. Summers tend to tax the hair more than normal! Think twice before going multi-colored during this season. It is advisable that you pick two colors maximum, or go the natural way mostly to keep the hair from getting heated up.
2. During summers, it is best to nourish your hair with moisturizing shampoo
3. If the heat is unbearable on naked skin, keep in mind that the head and hair too need the protection, even if they don’t look burnt out. Use accessories like cotton hats or scarves for basic covering of your hair when running around out in the heat.
4. Think twice before exposing the hair while open to the wind under the summer sun, as it tends to get frizzy very fast, ending in painful breaks when combed.
5. Since it is so hot, do not add on to the discomfort of your head by blow drying your hair often. Wash your hair a little in advance of when you plan to go out, so that your hair is dried naturally. Blow drying causes more damage during summer!
6. Like your body, your hair is kept in shining and healthy state if you drink loads of water. Add to the shine by leaving in conditioners along time after shampooing hair, especially in summers.